Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Stony Brook Accelerated Nursing Program

For some time, I planned on applying to CUNY Lehman and SUNY Downstate's accelerated nursing programs but I may also consider the accelerated nursing program at SUNY Stony Brook as well. Why? Well for starters, it gives me more options to choose from, especially in the event I do not get accepted to my first two choices. Secondly, it is an excellent program with a good reputation, at least that is what I read on allnurses. I actually was interested in Stony Brook early in my search (before I became interested in Downstate) but the distance was a huge deterrent (it's about 1 hour 10 minutes drive in one direction). The program is only a year though so even if I had to commute over 90 miles a day, it would only be for a year and they don't require any entry exam! Besides if I were to go to Lehman I'd have to pay for toll on the Throggs Neck bridge and Downstate I would have problems finding free parking most of the time (I always do in Brooklyn) so all 3 schools are in the same boat I think.    

No comments:

Post a Comment