Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Take two

I am now back on board with my pre-nursing courses and have registered for the second required course, developmental psychology. When I started my BSN journey previously, their were several ABSN (accelerated bachelors of nursing) programs that I considered, including SUNY Downstate, CUNY Hunter, and SUNY Stonybrook. Now I have decided that CUNY Lehman's accelerated BSN program would be my first choice, with SUNY Downstate being my second choice if I am not accepted into Lehman. So not only did I make the decision to follow through with nursing but I have even narrowed down my choices of schools! Most of the 7 courses that I would be required to take prior to entry would be completed online which is not the most ideal due to the number of science courses I have to take but this is the most convenient option for me at this time. The HESI A2 nursing school entrance exam is also required.

I have also decided that a course in Phlebotomy would also be useful prior to entry since my understanding is that many nursing programs don't teach Phlebotomy and I want to do all that I can to stay competitive. I had initially considered a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) course but I realized that I'd qualify for entry level positions once I complete one semester of nursing school and I am already somewhat familiar with basic nursing skills since I already took a CNA course in high school. There is definitely no guarantee that everything will go as planned (especially since I am essentially putting all my eggs into one basket) but at least now my goals are a little clearer








 

2 comments:

  1. I am having the same dilemma. Still in the planning stages though. I hope you'll continue to update your blog. I'd love to see how things turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah I am trying! I go back and forth constantly but I feel this is what I want so I am trying to stick to it. Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do

    ReplyDelete