Sunday, July 10, 2016

Recommendation from Online Instructors

Is it possible to get letters of recommendation from an online instructor? Yes! I recently requested letters of recommendation from three professors, two of them being from online course instructors and at least one agreed to submit a letter of recommendation on my behalf! Honestly the interactions (at least for me) in an online course is almost identical to that of a brick-and-mortar course. The main difference obviously is the mode of communication but it goes to show that the quality of the interaction is more important than the type. As long as you "stand out" in some way the instructor can remember you. It also doesn't hurt that I received an A in the course either. I am kind of relieved because I have been very hesitant about requesting a letter of recommendation from my place of employment. It's not that I think a recommendation from my job would be bad or anything (in fact it would probably be very good I think) it just seems so awkward requesting recommendation from my employer when acceptance into the program could mean my potential resignation as well as me "spilling the beans" before I am ready to.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I recently stumbled across your blog while scouring the internet for more information regarding Accelerated BSN programs and I have the same thoughts and fears! Your blog is amazing and makes me feel a lot less alone while navigating the treacherous waters of career change. I hope that you continue onwards and achieve your goal of becoming a Nurse, that would be another win for people who pursue their dreams! Good luck on your adventure and I hope as I embark on mine I can continue to stay optimistic as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope you continue on your journey as well and I am glad that I can be helpful to you in some way

    ReplyDelete